When life gets tough..
So today after being unable to give a presentation to a class that I spent all morning preparing for, then my computer being a pain, then learning (the hard way) that even best friends can be deceiving and dealing with so much drama it made me want to crawl in to a hole….I finally decided that it was time to tie the knot in my rope and just hang on.
I came home from my best friends grandmothers house and took the pups for a long walk to try to clear my head. I then came home and got in comfy pajama bottoms, threw on an oversized t-shirt and pulled on fluffy colorful socks. After taking a few deep breaths..I decided that hard days deserve a piece of dark chocolate so I wandered in to the kitchen for a late night snack of milk and a square or two of chocolate and then landed on the couch. I also decided that after you’ve tied your knot in your rope..its important to remember the carefree days of childhood…so I did what any person that was born in the 90’s would do…I turned on Little Bear. At this moment im watching little bear and not thinking about a worry or even the real world…as far as im concerned it doesn’t exist until tomorrow morning. Sometimes we all need to just let go of the reigns and take a break…its a necessity.
Some rules for letting go:
- Fluffy socks…you need fluffy socks to really let go and relax.
- Some sort of treat..a bit of chocolate maybe?
- Sweat pants or pajama bottoms…your now hanging on for the ride..you dont need jeans.
- A movie or show to transport you back to your childhood.
- And finally..the most important rule!! You can’t let go forever..this is life and sometimes it gets sucky..take a break but not forever…eventually re-enter reality..slowly if needed and if you start to get too stressed listen to Enya 🙂